A great baguette from Jon’s over the hill in Simi Valley was cut and a quarter each filled with fresh roast chicken breast, avocado and sun dried tomatoes. It was a great combination and we thoroughly enjoyed it, although Philip thinks his was better because of a smear of mustard aioli.
- The baguette is $2.79 or 70c per serve
- The chicken was $6.99 and we shared a breast, or 88c per serve
- The jar of sun dried tomatoes is $3.29 from Trader Joe’s, or 21c per serve
- A bag of four avocados was $5.49 and we shared one, or 69c per serve
- Add 12c for the mustard aioli.
Lunch today was great for $2.60.
Time to use up the remainder of the bolognese sauce! Tonight we paired with black bean rotini to create a dish worthy of Wednesday Addams!
- The bolognese sauce was $5.05 from July 23rd
- Shaved parmesan comes in a $5.49 pack, and we used 1/4 or 46c per serve.
- We used half a $2.99 packet of Trader Joe’s organic black bean rotini, or 75c per serve.
Dinner tonight looked interesting, tasted great and cost $6.26 per serve.