Today we decided to celebrate the return of our favorite wraps to the shelf, with a top sirloin and little of the mixed salad from two nights ago.
- The top sirloin was $5.99 per 1lb container, but we used about 1/4 of a serve and shared it, or 75c a serve
- The mixed green blend was $2.49 and we used half a serve, or 32c per wrap
- A serve of the roquamole is $1.08 and we split one for 54c per serve
- The wraps are $3.99 for six or 67c each.
Today’s wrap was really good. The roquamole provided intense blue cheese flavor, the salad contributed wetness and crunch, and the meat took care of the umami flavors. Not bad for $2.28 per serve.
When Greg suggested the Grilled Vegetable Salad I had low expectations, but going vegetarian for some meals is a good way to go, so I thought “why not.”
We were blow away as to how good this salad is. Another use of our new grill, it took a while for the vegetables to soften and char a little. Then cooling, chopping and adding the oil and feta elevates the flavor. The salty feta perfectly complements the (otherwise bland) vegetables. Putting the olive oil after cooking not only avoids the dangers of over heating the oil and makes it possible to taste the oil on the salad.
- The feta in brine was $6.50 and 1/4 went into dinner, or 41c per serve
- The sucking was 54c or 27c per serve
- The Chinese eggplant was 92c or 46c per serve
- The red bell pepper was $1.49 or 75c per serve
- Add 25c for the olive oil per serve.
Dinner tonight was really good. If you have a grill you’ve got to give this a try before summer is over. Not only extremely tasty, but economic at $2.14 per serve!