Another hardware store trip, so another opportunity to stop for lunch on the way back. Instead of our usual trip to The Country Deli we stopped in at the Vietnamese restaurant where we obtained the bahn mi a few days ago.
Philip had a seafood fried rice, while Greg had the fried pork with rice and salad. Both were good examples of their kind, but we feel there are better options at this restaurant, so we’ll explore further.
Lunch today was $16.62 per serve with tax and tip.
Tonight we returned to the Greek style tuna salad the we enjoyed last month. We had a last minute guest for dinner, so we added some garbanzo beans
- A can of yellowfin tuna costs $3.49, or $2.33 per serve
- Persian cucumber cost 40c or 13c per serve
- A bell pepper is 99c or 33c per serve
- Tomatoes were $2.99 and we used about half, or 50c per serve
- Pitted olives come in $2.99 jars and one quarter was used, or 25c per serve
- 1 lb of limes we $1.29 and we used 1/4 or 11c per serve
- The organic garbanzo beans were $1.00 or 33c per serve
- Add 25c for the seasonings.
This salad exceeded our expectations. It was much more tasty than the simple ingredients would suggest and it comes in at $4.23 per serve.