We took a par baked roast garlic bread and finished it, while preparing chicken breast, the remainder of the heirloom tomato, some cucumber and olives on a smear of garlic hummus. Yum.
- The BBQ chicken is $6.99 and we shared a breast, or 88c per serve
- The heirloom tomato was $1.22 but we’ve accounted for all of it in previous meals, although not all was eaten
- The roast garlic bread was $3.49 or $1.75 per serve.
- The cucumber was 27c or 14c per serve
- Add 30c for hummus and olives per serve.
Lunch today cost $3.07 per serve.
We revisited the leftovers of the Pork, Shiitake and Edamame in Coconut Cream Sauce and reinvent it as Tom Kha Moo by adding lime juice and fish sauce.
If you’re going to serve coconut milk in a dish, add lime juice!
- 1 lb of pork stir fry is $5.75 or $1.44 per serve
- Coconut milk was $1.69 or 43c per serve
- Shelled edamame was $1.29 or 33c per serve
- Shitake mushrooms are $2.99 or 75c per serve
- Add 25c for garlic, shallot and seasonings
- Add 50c for limes
- Add 30c for rice.
For $4.00 a serve, the addition of the lime and fish sauce really elevated the dish.