More mixed sandwiches. The heirloom tomato and mayo is a perfect combination, while the corned beef pairs surprisingly well with a spicy labné we get from Jon’s.
- The bread is $2.79 for the loaf of 18 slices, or 31c per serve
- The corned beef was $14.99 for 1.2 lb, and we used about 4 oz in this sandwich, or $1.58 per serve
- The heirloom tomato was $1.22 and we shared half, or 31c per serve
- Add 25c for mayo and spicy labné.
Lunch today used up the last of our rye bread and was pretty good for $2.45 per serve.
Pair a rib eye from our Prather Ranch delivery with the remaining kohlrabi ‘salad’ and serve on grilled peppers and you’ve got yourself a meal! Greg sautéed the salad from the night before, with a little garlic, to make it easier to eat. The peppers were cleaned and sliced to serve as a mat for the steak.
- The rib eye was $18.99 or $9.50 per serve
- The peppers were a gift from a friend
- The salad mix was $1.99 and we used half, or 50c per serve.
Tonight’s steak, grilled on the outside grill, had a lot more flavor than when we did it on a griddle inside. It paired well with the salad and peppers, which were especially good grilled, and all for $10.00 a serve.