No heirloom tomato but a kumato and mayo is a good substitute, while the corned beef pairs surprisingly well with a spicy labné we get from Jon’s.
- The bread is $2.79 for the loaf of 18 slices, or 31c per serve
- The corned beef was $14.99 for 1.2 lb, and we used about 4 oz in this sandwich, or $1.58 per serve
- The kumatos (black tomato) are $3.49 for six, or 29c per serve
- Add 25c for mayo and spicy labné.
Lunch today used up the last of our rye bread and was pretty good for $2.43 per serve.
We purchased a can of Rogan Josh curry mix and decided to mix it with ground lamb. It was very disappointing, as it was pretty bland, so Greg amped it up with some heat. Served with rice and naan.
The meat sauce serves four.
- The ground lamb was $7.99 or $2.00 per serve
- The rogan josh was $3.99 or $1.00 per serve
- A can of beans is 99c or 25c per serve
- Add 45c per serve for spices and other ingredients
- Rice adds 33c per serve
- The naan was $1.99 and we served half, or 50c per serve.
Dinner tonight was okay, and cost $4.53 per serve.