We were nearby so we couldn’t resist picking up one of the excellent Bahn Mi from Pho Saigon 1 nearby.
Lunch today cost $8.25 per serve.
If you have a good supply of tomatoes, and love bacon and good bread, why not try a BTL Panzanella, one of Alton Brown’s recipes. For bread we used the remaining baguette. We dropped the mint.
- 1/4 of the $2.69 baguette went to each serve or 68c
- The bacon ends were $4.49 but we used about 20% of it, or 45c per serve
- The wild arugula was $1.99 but we use about 1/3 or 33c per serve
- Organic cherry tomato medley was $3.99 but we used only 2/3 or $1.33 per serve
- Add 15c for the oil and vinegar in the dressing.
Dinner tonight was a refreshing summer salad at $2.94 per serve.