A trip to Jon’s produced a baguette, freshly roasted chicken, and a heirloom tomato, which goes together very well!
- The baguette is $2.79 and we shared half in this meal, or 70c per serve
- The BBQ chicken is $6.99 and we shared a breast, or 88c per serve
- The heirloom tomato was $1.22 and we shared half, or 31c per serve
- Add 10c for mayo.
Lunch today was $1.99 per serve and pretty damned good.
We decided to use up the other half of the disappointing Rogan Josh curry simmer sauce so Greg respiced it. We served with a tomato relish and the remaining gnaan.
The meat sauce serves four.
- The ground lamb was $7.99 or $2.00 per serve
- The rogan josh was $3.99 or $1.00 per serve
- A can of beans is 99c or 25c per serve
- Add 45c per serve for spices and other ingredients
- The naan was $1.99 and we served half, or 50c per serve
- The “yoghurt & cucumber” dip (tzatziki) is $4.99 but we used only two tablespoons, or 31c per serve
- The tomato was 60c or 30c per serve.
We tried serving on a lettuce leaf as a wrap, but it was way too messy, so we finished on the naan. Dinner tonight was definitely an improvement on the Rogan Josh, and cost $4.81 per serve.