Since we still had a hamburger bun and a remaining portobello mushroom we grilled the mushroom and made a simple burger with some caramelized onion and regular labné. The other sandwich was a corned beef, tabouli and spicy labné.
- Hamburger rolls are $1.88 for 8 or 12c per serve
- One slice of bread is 16c per serve
- The pastrami beef was $4.99 for 8 oz, and we used about 3 oz in this sandwich, or 94c per serve
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve
- Add 25c for spicy labné
- Add 20 for regular labné.
Even without the bacon and brie, half a mushroom burger was still very good, while the other sandwich is always good, for $2.24 per serve.
A slightly (very slight) cooling and we decided to pull our frozen lamb pies (Bronzed Aussie) from the fridge and heat them up. We served with a spinach, toasted quinoa, smokey bacon and blue cheese salad kit.
- The salad kit cost $3.00 and we served 2/3 or $1.00 per serve
- The lamb pie is $9.90 per serve.
A slightly expensive meal for $10.90 per serve. The pie was – as always – exceptionally good, but we felt the salad was lessened by an overly aggressive dressing that tended to dominate the meal.