While it wasn’t a normal Burbank Monday, we headed off to In and Out where Philip had a Double Double, while Greg had a regular cheeseburger. Double Double is $4.26 per serve.
Greg created a rice bowl with corn and black beans, to serve with shrimp cooked in the cold tomato sauce of a few nights ago.
- 1 lb of shrimp is $6.99 (on special), but we only used half, or $1.75 per serve
- Brown rice adds 33c per serve
- Black beans come in a 99c can, or 25c per serve
- The fire roasted corn is $2.49 per pound but we used half, or 37c per serve
- The heirloom tomato sauce cost 79c per serve.
Dinner tonight cost $3.49. The tomato sauce was perfect on the shrimp as it provided a lot of subtle flavor that didn’t dominate.