As our regular wraps are – again – out of stock, we tried some Fold-it flatbread from the same company. We don’t know what the intent is with these fold its but they are terrible.
- The Fold it cost $3.99 for a pack of six, and we needed two for a serve, or $1.33
- The pastrami beef was $4.99 for 8 oz, and we used about 3 oz in this sandwich, or 94c per serve
- Add 25c for spicy labné
- The salad kit cost $3.00 and we served the remaining 1/3 or 50c per serve.
Lunch today was – at best – average for $3.02 per serve.
With beef chuck steak in the freezer, a stew seemed like a good idea so Greg settled on the All American Beef Stew. It was initially prepared the day ahead so it had time to meld overnight.
We cut back on the beef and upped the mushroom component, but it still was not the umami bomb we were expecting. It was good, but not “amazing.”
- The beef chuck steak was $6.83 or $3.42 per serve
- Stock, gelatin, tomato paste etc adds 85c per serve
- Oyster mushrooms add $2.79 or $1.40 per serve
- Baby portobello mushrooms are $3.99 or $2.00 per serve
- Carrot adds 50c per serve
- Add 50c for other ingredients.
Dinner tonight cost $8.67 per serve. It was good without being great.