Philip was heading back around lunch time so he collected some Popeye’s Fried Chicken on the way, which we enjoyed.
A trip back from a class in Burbank came directly past a Popeye’s, so what were we to do?
- 10 pieces of dark and spicy chicken is $15.25 or $3.05 a serve with tax
- Half the Large Red Beans and Rice is $2.17 with tax, per serve.
Lunch today cost $5.22 per serve.
Another in Greg’s series of experiments with lettuce cups. This time a dry fried ground beef with the Mexican rice from September 4.
- The beef was $9.91 but we used less than half, or $2.48 per serve
- The brown rice, beans and corn was 95c per serve and we shared less than one full serve, or 48c per serve
- Lettuce is 20c per serve
- Cotija cheese is $3.99 for 8oz and we shared 2oz or 50c per serve.
Tonight’s dryer ingredients worked much better in the lettuce cup. The beef and rice were tasty, but the finely grated cotija cheese really made the dish great, for $3.66 per serve.