You can’t make just one sardine and avocado sandwich, so we each had one.
- An avocado is $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Sardines in spring water are $1.99 per can, or $1.00 per serve
- Two slices of bread are 39c.
Lunch today was pretty good – it’s an Alton Brown favorite – for $2.39 per serve.
A pork shoulder cut “chop” was the starting point to see if we could make pulled pork from such a small piece of meat. We can and it turned out as well as a pork shoulder for pulled pork.
We served it on a bed of steamed lentils with the remaining Sweet Kale Salad.
- The pork shoulder chop cost $10.97 and we’ll get four serves, or $2.74 per serve
- The salad was $2.99 but we used only half, or 75c per serve
- Steamed lentils are $2.99 for the pouch at Trader Joe’s and we used half, or 75c per serve.
You really can’t go wrong with pulled pork! The lentils captured the flavorsome liquid from the pulled pork and the salad was a fresh, crisp accompaniment. Not bad for $4.24 per serve.