As we had to drop a package nearby, lunch at The Country Deli was the obvious choice. Philip had the usual marinated skirt steak, eggs and home fries, while Greg opted for the same marinated skirt steak but as a sandwich.
Lunch at the Country Deli cost $22.22 per serve with tax and tip.
Time to use up the chicken leg from the weekend chicken. We paired it with roast vegetables with halloumi. Normally this Nigella Lawson recipe would include potato but we decided to go with all sweet potato, bell pepper, onion and garlic under the halloumi.
- The chicken was $1.75 per serve
- Sweet potato cost $1.32 or (with three serves) or 33c per serve
- Red onion was $1.79 or 45c per serve
- Red pepper was $1.49 or 38c per serve
- Halloumi is $3.82 or 96c per serve
- Add 10c for garlic.
Tonight’s dinner was tasty. The halloumi bake is always good and the Jon’s chicken stood up to reheating acceptably well. Not bad for $3.97 per serve.