The Foodies were in Santa Monica at lunch time and found a take out Vietnamese Chicken Salad that was reasonably good. Good flavor on the chicken, a spicy dressing and good range of vegetable for $8.74 per serve with tax.
Tonight we returned to the Greek style tuna salad.
- A can of yellowfin tuna costs $3.49, or $3.49 per serve
- Persian cucumber cost 40c or 20c per serve
- A bell pepper is 99c or 50c per serve
- Tomatoes were $2.99 and we used about half, or 75c per serve
- Pitted olives come in $2.99 jars and one quarter was used, or 38c per serve
- 1 lb of limes was $1.29 and we used 1/4 or 16c per serve
- Add 25c for the seasonings.
This salad exceeded our expectations. It was much more tasty than the simple ingredients would suggest and it comes in at $5.73 per serve.