As we haven’t had it for a while, some sushi seemed like a good idea, and Whole Foods has our favorites. At $11.49 per serve it’s not the cheapest sushi in Los Angeles!
A modified version of Serious Eat’s recipe, Stir-Fried Beef With Snap Peas and Oyster Sauce we used ground beef this time. Because Ralph’s were out of snap peas we substituted green beans.
- The ground beef cost $9.12 or $4.56 per serve
- Green beans were $3.07 or $1.54 per serve
- Mushrooms were $2.03 or $1.02 per serve
- The various sauce and marinade ingredients add $1.00 per serve
- Brown rice adds 45c per serve.
Although the dry aged ground beef makes this a relatively expensive dish, it was full of flavor for $8.57.