A return to a favorite sandwich: avocado and sardine. Today’s sardines were in water is easier for our septic system.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- The avocado is $1.89 or 95c per serve
- Sardines in water are $1.29 per can or 65c per serve.
Lunch today cost $1.92 per serve.
While lamb isn’t a big part of the American diet, it’s something we grew up with in Australia as lamb is very popular, and was inexpensive when we were growing up. Grilled was deemed to be the best way to cook a leg steak.
We still had green beans remaining and this greek style recipe used both the beans and our remaining heritage tomato.
- The lamb steak from Whole Foods was $6.79 for about .7 pound or $3.40 per serve
- Green beans were $3.07 or $1.54 per serve
- The heirloom tomatoes are $4.99 for two pound, and we used about 1/4 lb today, or $1.25 per serve
- Add 30c for the onion, garlic and seasonings.
The lamb was excellent and perfectly cooked to medium rare and the greek style beans was also tasty, with a little crunch still in the beans. A pretty good dinner for $6.19 per serve.