We finished the pea soup from a few night back as a lunch and it was still pretty good for 43c per serve.
A favorite meatloaf is the Mushroom and Red Wine Meatloaf from Chowhound. Tonight we paired with mashed sweet potato and steamed sugar snap peas.
The meatloaf will make four very generous serves, exactly the kind we like!
- The ground beef is $4.78 per serve
- Baby portobello mushrooms were $2.49 or 63c per serve
- Onions and garlic add 20c per serve
- Two large eggs are $1.10 or 27c per serve
- The butter is $3.99 per block, and we used about 3/8 for four serves, or 38c per serve
- Red wine adds $1.00 or 25c per serve
- Add 20c for Worcestershire sauce and other spices per serve
- Sweet potato was $2.18 or $1.14 per serve
- Sugar snap peas were $3.99 but we only used half, or $1.00 per serve.
The meatloaf came out well, as it usually does and was almost like a beef Wellington in flavor profile (without the paté) for $6.71 per serve. The sweet potato and snap peas add another $2.14 to the meal for a total of $8.85 for a very, very generous portion of meatloaf.