Another Burbank Monday for Foodie Philip: another In and Out Double Double Animal Style for $4.27.
For tonight’s smoked salmon Cobb Salad we chose burrata, a fresh cheese where the outer shell is solid mozzarella, while the inside contains stracciatella and cream. We built on a bed of watercress instead of arugula, which was an improvement. Foodie Greg said “We have now reached peak Cobb Salad!”
- Smoked salmon $5.99 for the 4oz pack or $3.00 a serve
- A pastured egg is 55c
- Bacon is $5.49 for the pack and we used 1/4, or 75c per serve
- We used half a $5.99 heirloom tomato or $1.50 per serve
- Watercress is $1.99 for a living plant and we used 1/4 or 25c per serve
- The avocado was $2.99 for a bag of five or 30c per serve
- The burrata was $4.99 for two, or $2.50 per serve.
Tonight’s Cobb Salad was the best we’ve had for $8.85 per serve.