With pulled pork in the refrigerator, and some par baked rolls in the freezer, what better for lunch than a pulled pork roll with pickled onion.
- The roll is 63c
- The pulled pork is $3.88 per serve but we shared one serve, or $1.94 per serve
- Add 5c for pickled onion.
Lunch today was excellent for $2.52 per serve.
The heat wave continues as do the salads. A return to a favorite with Nigel Lawson’s watermelon, feta and black olive salad.
- The watermelon was $3.99, or $2.00 per serve
- The Valbreso (French) feta comes in a $9.99 tub and we used a sixth, or about 56c per serve
- Pitted olives come in $2.99 jars and one quarter was used, or 25c per serve
- The red onion is 52c or 17c per serve (there is left over onion)
- Mint came from our garden
- Olive oil and seasonings add another 20c per serve.
Tonight’s meal was as delicious as it always is for $3.18 per serve.