A convoluted Burbank Monday saw Foodie Philip eating at In and Out later than usual, but still with the regular Double Double Animal Style for $4.27.
A return to a favorite: Hebrew Temptation, otherwise known as Smokey Cheese and Pumpkin Slice. I told the story of how it became known as Hebrew Temptation earlier and the recipe is there too.
The recipe makes four quite generous serves. We served the same baby kale salad kit, augmented with a second bag as we had three for dinner.
- The bacon was $6.99 for 12 slices, and we used five, or 73c per serve
- Five pastured eggs at 55c each is $2.70 or 68c per serve
- A small bag of organic flour is $2.69 and we used about 1/3 or 23c per serve
- Buying the butternut squash diced saves a lot of angst trying to peel and deseed the squash. The whole $5.99 pack went into the dish, or $1.50 per serve
- Normally we’d used smoked gouda but today we used a smoked mozzarella that was $5.99 or $1.50 per serve.
- An onion adds 8c per serve
- The salad kit came from Ralph’s (Kroger) was $2.99 and we will get three serves from it, or $1.00 per serve.
This savory cake has amazing flavor as the bacon permeates the entire dish. It’s a great meal for $5.72 per serve with the salad.