A return to a favorite sandwich: avocado and sardine. Today’s sardines were in water is easier for our septic system.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- The avocado is $1.89 or 95c per serve
- Sardines in water are $1.29 per can or 65c per serve.
Lunch today cost $1.92 per serve.
With ground pork still remaining from our Prather Ranch delivery, Greg decided to return to Tom Kha Moo.
- The pork came from our Prather Ranch meat delivery – 1 lb of ground pork cost $8.31 or $4.16 per serve
- A can of coconut milk is $1.49 or 75c per serve
- Bella mushrooms were $1.79 or 90c per serve
- Parasol mushrooms were $3.99 or $2.00 per serve
- Chicken stock is $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Lemon grass was 15c or 8c per serve
- Add 45c for seasonings
- The brown rice vermicelli is $2.39 per pack, and we used half, or 60c per serve.
The brown rice vermicelli provides a better textural contrast with the ground pork than rice, adding to an already great dish for $9.94 per serve.