With substantial amounts of ham left over, we – obviously – had a ham sandwich. We paired it with brie remaining from the night before, and some watercress for a fresh crunch. It was spectacular!
The other sandwich paired garlic hummus with pastrami. It was good, but not as good as the ham and brie!
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- Hummus is 33c per serve
- The pastrami beef was $4.99 for 8 oz, and we used about 3 oz in this sandwich, or 94c per serve
- The ham cost $16.51 on special and will make at least 15 serves, or $1.10 per serve, although we used 1/3 of a serve shared, or 18c per serve
- The brie was $7.37 and we used about 1/3 for pre-dinner snacks last night, and less than that for lunch, or 92c per serve
- Add 30c for watercress.
Lunch today was definitely above average, for $2.98 per serve.
For dinner we finished the supermarket chicken from earlier in the week and paired it with a mango, avocado, black bean and mint salad.
- The chicken was $1.75 per serve
- A can of seasoned beans was $1.00 or 50c per serve
- Mangos were $1.78 or 89c per serve
- The avocado was 5 for $2.99, or 60c per serve
- The mint was 79c and we used about 1/4 or 10c per serve
- 1 lb of limes was $1.29 and we used 1/4 or 16c per serve
The salad was definitely the highlight of the meal, which was $4.00 per serve.