Today’s sandwiches: avocado and tabouli and pastrami with hummus.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- The tabouli came from Jon’s and is $2.52, of which we used about 1/4 or 32c per serve
- The avocado was 4 for $2.99, or 38c per serve
- Hummus is 33c per serve
- The pastrami beef was $4.99 for 8 oz, and we used about 3 oz in this sandwich, or 94c per serve
Lunch today was tasty for $2.29 per serve.
We had guests for dinner and wanted to prepare something “American,” so we decided on baked ham. While cold sliced ham is part of the Summer Christmas tradition in Australia, baked ham is unknown, so was a good choice for our Australian visitors.
We paired it with Nigella Lawson’s Double Potato Halloumi Bake.
- The ham cost $16.51 on special and will make at least 15 serves, or $1.10 per serve
- Baby purple potatoes add 30c per serve
- The sweet potato (yam) was $1.16 or 23c per serve
- The yellow bell pepper was $2.49 or 30c per serve
- The red pepper was 99c or 20c per serve
- A red onion is $1.16 or 23c per serve
- Halloumi $3.64 or 73c per serve
- Garlic adds 5c per serve.
Dinner tonight was an excellent example of a roast dinner: moist baked ham and perfectly roast vegetables for just $3.14 per serve.