If it’s Monday, it must be Burbank and an In and Out Double Double Animal Style for $4.27.
We returned to an old favorite: Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup but substituted quinoa for the orzo, which worked fine and is a way to avoid carbohydrates in the evening.
The recipe makes three serves
- Carrots cost 25c or 9c per serve
- Celery, thyme, oil and garlic adds 20c per serve
- Chicken broth cost 67c per serve
- The store-bought rotisserie chicken breast is $1.75 for a breast, or 58c per serve
- We purchased about half a pound of quinoa for $3.01 but used the 3/4 left, or 75c per serve
- Add in 15c for the other seasonings, etc.
Dinner tonight cost $2.44 per serve!