Still eating through the ham we balance it with other sandwiches for variety. Today we repeated the Ham, Brie and Watercress, but substituted silverside for pastrami on the other sandwich.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- Hummus is 33c per serve
- The corned beef/silverside was $6.82 for 1 lb, and we used about 4 oz in this sandwich, or 85c per serve
- The ham cost $16.51 on special and will make at least 15 serves, or $1.10 per serve, although we used 1/3 of a serve shared, or 18c per serve
- The brie was $7.37 and we used about 1/3 for pre-dinner snacks last night, and less than that for lunch, or 92c per serve
- Add 30c for watercress.
Lunch today was definitely above average, for $2.90 per serve.
One of our favorite meals each month is the thick cut pork chops from Prather Ranch.
- 12oz (about double a typical restaurant portion) of pork chop cost an average of $10.14
- A small pack of pecans is $1.59 or 80c per serve
- The celery was 50c but we used about 1/3 or 10c per serve
- An Envy apple was $1.29 or 65c per serve
- Add 15c for mayonnaise and labné for the dressing.
Dinner tonight was excellent: every bit as good as a restaurant version at $30-$40 a serve, but cost us only $11.84.