Obviously, we’re still eating through our enormous store of baked ham so we paired it with an avocado and some mustard aioli for a great sandwich.
- The avocado was $1.25 or 63c per serve
- The ham cost $16.51 on special and will make at least 15 serves, or $1.10 per serve, although we used 1/3 of a serve shared, or 18c per serve
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- Add 10c for mustard aioli.
We’ve learnt that ham and “fat” go together nicely on a sandwich: either the brie or avocado work well to make a delicious sandwich for $1.13 per serve.
A simple meal of Trader Joe’s Bavarian Bratwurst, crash hot (purple) potatoes and steamed green beans.
- The bratwurst are $3.49 for the pack, or $1.75 per serve
- Potatoes add 30c per serve
- We used the last half of the $2.99 packet of beans between the three of us, or 50c per serve.
Dinner was simple and tasty for $2.55 per serve.