We reheated the left over fried chicken and paired it with a Southwest salad kit.
- For some (good) reason we got 11 pieces of dark meat for the “11 tenders” deal or $1.56 per piece, or$3.12 per serve
- The Southwest salad kit was $3.49 or $1.75 per serve.
While the salad was pretty boring, the chicken reheated well for a decent lunch at $4.87 per serve.
Because we had lower wind predictions for tonight, than Thursday, we decided tonight would be our grill night. That is, after we reassembled the grill and assessed damage after last Monday night’s winds blew it away and over.
We decided to revisit the Australian Cobb Salad as a reproduction of an Australian burger.
- The NY Strip was $21.59 or $10.80 per serve
- A pastured egg is 55c
- The cheddar with caramelized onion was $5.48, and we used about 1/3 or 91c per serve
- Black Forest uncured bacon was $5.49 and we used half, or $1.38 per serve
- Beets in vinaigrette were $1.69 and we used 1/3, or 28c per serve
- The grape tomatoes are $2.00 and we used about half, or 50c per serve
- Add 30c for watercress and a drizzle of balsamic reduction.
A great plate of food, with various combinations standing out, particularly the beets and cheese together. A little on the expensive side at $14.72 per serve.