The Foodies were out shopping – unsuccessfully as it turns out – and decided In and Out was on the way home! Foodie Philip had his usual Double Double while Greg had a regular Cheeseburger, both Animal Style.
The total was $6.81 or $3.40 each.
Since we had that awesome new souse vidé machine Foodie Greg decided to perfect some shrimp with the Sous Vide Shrimp With Garlic, Sherry, and Smoked Paprika recipe cooking to 130 F.
We served with mushroom gouda savory oatmeal and sugar snap peas.
- The shrimp was $7.99 for the pack, and we used half, or $2.00 per serve
- Sherry is $6.99 a bottle or 21c per serve
- The butter is $3.99 per block, and we used about 1/4 for two serves, or 50c per serve
- Add 30c for paprika and thyme
- The steel cut oats are $3.19 for 24oz, and we used 8oz or 53c per serve
- Mushrooms were $3.29 or $1.65 per serve
- Emmentaler cheese was $3.50 and we used 1/3 – 23c per serve – or 46c for this meal
- Add 30c for oatmeal seasonings.
The shrimp had a great firm texture and were full of briny shrimp flavor. Some of the best shrimp we’ve had. The savory oatmeal was a great side dish, with the mushroom coming through.
What was, essentially, shrimp and grits was $5.95 per serve.