A trip to Jon’s market always results in one of their excellent baguettes and their superior roast chicken. Add tomato and mayo and you’ve got a great lunch.
- A baguette is $2.79 and we shared half over lunch or 70c per serve
- The chicken is $6.99 and we shared one breast or 88c per serve
- Five kumato were $3.49 and we used one, or 35c per serve
- Add 2oc for mayo.
A great lunch for $2.13 per serve.
A cool night means soup weather, especially if you have split pea soup remaining. Add some cubed ham for protein and garnish, and you have an excellent warming meal.
- The stock has no real cost
- The pack of split peas was $1.59 or 27c per serve
- The frozen peas is 99c a pack, or 16c per serve
- We added a garnish of cubed ham steak that was $2.99 or $1.50 per serve.
For dinner tonight the soup cost $1.93. We chose not to do a roll or bread with the soup as it is very filling on its own.