Today’s toasted sandwiches were repeats: Cheese and Cauliflower Pickle, and spicy labné with corned beef.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- 12 slices of yoghurt cheese are $4.79 and we shared two or 40c per serve
- Add 33c for Wildbrine Madras Curry and Cauliflower Sauerkraut salad
- The corned beef/silverside was $6.82 for 1 lb, and we used about 3 oz in this sandwich, or 64c per serve
- Add 20c for the spicy labné.
Lunch today was satisfying for $1.89 per serve.
A cold night calls for a warming curry!
- The top sirloin steak was $6.59 or $3.30 per serve
- The curry is $3.38 per can or $1.69 per serve
- Coconut milk is $1.69 per can or 85c per serve
- Peanuts were $2.99 but we only used half, or 75c per serve
- Potato adds 25c per serve
- Peal onion adds 20c per serve
- Add 33c for brown rice.
Tonight’s dinner was $7.37 per serve and very tasty, as always.