Today’s toasted sandwiches were: Labné and Cauliflower Pickle, and Swiss cheese with corned beef.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- 12 slices of yoghurt cheese are $4.79 and we shared one or 20c per serve
- Add 33c for Wildbrine Madras Curry and Cauliflower Sauerkraut salad
- The corned beef/silverside was $6.82 for 1 lb, and we used about 3 oz in this sandwich, or 64c per serve
- Add 20c for the labné.
Lunch today was satisfying for $1.79 per serve.
Time to fry off the remaining French onion meatloaf and serve it with creamed spinach and a Japanese sweet potato. The Japanese sweet potato has white flesh that remains firmer when cooked and is not as sweet as an American sweet potato (or yam).
- The meatloaf was $4.63 per serve and we limited ourselves to one serve each
- The sweet potato was $2.36 or $1.18 per serve
- The spinach (marked down) was 99c or 50c per serve
- Cream was $2.49 for a pint, or 63c per serve
- Add 30c for onion, garlic and seasonings.
Dinner tonight was pretty tasty with the Maillard reaction on the meat adding extra flavor. The sweet potato was not as sweet and took the butter from refrying the meatloaf well. The enormous amount of spinach cooked down to a generous, but not outrageous serve. All in all a well balanced flavorsome meal for $6.12 per serve.