More sandwich experiments or repeats. The smokey eggplant salad is a new to our roster but it’s tasty.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- 12 slices of yoghurt cheese are $4.79 and we shared one or 20c per serve
- Add 33c for Wildbrine Madras Curry and Cauliflower Sauerkraut salad
- The corned beef/silverside was $6.82 for 1 lb, and we used about 3 oz in this sandwich, or 64c per serve
- The eggplant salad is $3.89 for the tub but we used about 1/8 or 24c per serve
- Add 20c for the labné.
The smokey eggplant salad worked well in a sandwich just with sliced cheese, and the corned beef and cauliflower pickle is a step up from corned beef and sauerkraut. A good lunch for $1.93 per serve.
The “Green Pork Chili“that we had a few nights ago was more “pork pieces in a chili tomatillo sauce. After eating all the pork, we were left with a flavorsome, spicy sauce. Add some ground pork and a can or two of beans, and now you have a chili!
The remaining sauce has an amazing flavor because it has the pork fat from the slow cook, and the roasted vegetable in the sauce. With the added ground pork and beans it makes another four serves
- The green chili sauce works out at 76c per serve
- The pork came from our Prather Ranch meat delivery – 1 lb of ground pork cost $8.31 or $$2.08 per serve
- Two cans of beans add $1.98 or 50c per serve.
The refreshed chili was really impressive. It retains a deep pork flavor from the slow cook previously; the ground pork adds texture and more pork flavor and the green sauce has a perfect amount of heat. We wondered if you could “beef up” the porkiness! A good bowl for $3.34 per serve.