We have done our own version of a quesadilla with flat bread and a fry pan, but today we created one with flour tortillas and the remainder of the Green Pork Chili.
- The tortilla’s are $2.49 a pack, or 25c each/per serve
- The green chili was about 98c per serve
- Add 40c for a light sprinkling of grated cheddar.
The panini press did a good job of the quesadilla, without having to flip it! Not bad for $1.63 per serve.
Tonight we revisited the Turmeric Coconut Curry with Pork and Brown rice from a few nights ago. Instead of the bok choy we added some prepared edamame. Yes, that technically makes it pork and beans (and beans and rice)!
- The pork came from our Prather Ranch meat delivery – 1 lb of ground pork cost $8.31 or $$2.08 per serve
- Add 45c for onion, ginger and turmeric’
- Coconut milk was $1.89 or 48c per serve
- Cooked, shelled edamame is $2.49 per pack and we used 1/3 or 42c per serve
- Almond flakes were $2.49 but we used only 1/5 or 25c per serve
- Brown rice is 33c per serve.
Dinner tonight was as good as the first time for $4.01 per serve.