A trip “into town” lead to a stop at Popeye’s on the way back.
- Chicken is $2.98 for two pieces
- The red beans and rice is $2.19 per serve.
Lunch today was one of the best examples of Popeye’s we’ve had for $5.17 per serve.
Thursday night steak night meant a NY Strip Steak grilled on the outdoor grill and served with purple crash hot potatoes, and asparagus.
The asparagus was ‘grilled’ in the panini press, which worked really well. The purple potatoes make the perfect crash hot potato. Their small size ensures they crisp up on the outside, but the texture inside remains buttery smooth.
- The NY Strip from our Prather Ranch meat delivery was $22.13 or $11.07 per serve
- Potato adds 25c per serve
- The pack of asparagus was $3.99 but we only used half for tonight’s meal or $1.00 per serve.
Dinner tonight was a good example of a simple “meat and two veg” meal, but with dry aged beef with a good “beefy” flavor, perfectly grilled asparagus and crash hot potatoes that were crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside without a hint of mealiness. Not bad for $12.32 per serve.