Both sandwiches are repeated because they were good!
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- 12 slices of yoghurt cheese are $4.79 and we shared two or 40c per serve
- Add 33c for Wildbrine Madras Curry and Cauliflower Sauerkraut salad
- The beef is $7.95 per 11 oz serve, or 40c per serve
- Tabouli is $2.69 per tub and we shared 1/3 or 45c per serve
- Add 10c for mustard.
Today’s sandwiches were repeated because they were good, and cost $2.00 per serve.
Because we’re The semiSerious Foodies, a “cheat” meal is on the cards when appropriate. Taking semi-prepared food and combining it can put a tasty meal on the table quickly. Tonight’s example of frozen Shrimp Gyoza and a Ginger Miso Broth (both from Trader Joe’s) with some chopped bok choy was a perfect example.
The gyoza and broth are tasty and work well together. The stem of the full size bok choy is a nice wet crunchy contribution that isn’t a hard as cabbage, while the leaf makes a good garnish.
- Bok Choy was $1.29 or 65c per serve
- The Miso Ginger broth was $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- The gyoza were $4.99 and, or $2.50 per serve
- Add 20c for seasonings.
Tonight’s meal was on the table quickly and easily and had a lot of flavor. The broth has definite miso flavors with a hint of ginger, while the shrimp gyoza were very tasty. All in all a good meal, quickly prepared for $4.35 per serve.