Having discovered that a 10″ tortilla fits in our sandwich press, we decided to experiment a little with wraps. We wrapped some of the prime rib and heated it (toasted) and then toasted a wrap alone. When done we filled with some of the green pork chili remaining.
The beef wrap – with tabouli and mustard added after heating – was pretty good. Unfortunately the green pork chili with cheddar and avocado was kind of messy, if tasty.
- The tortilla’s are $2.49 a pack, or 25c each/per serve
- The beef is $7.95 per 11 oz serve, or 40c per serve
- The green pork chili is 76c per serve, but we used only 1/4 serve, or 10c per serve
- The avocado was 4 for $3.49 or 44c per serve
- Tabouli is $2.69 per tub and we shared 1/3 or 45c per serve
- Add 30c for a light sprinkling of grated cheddar.
While the green chili wrap was messy, the meal was tasty for $1.94 per serve.
We’re always on the lookout for interesting ways to use ground pork as we get one every month. Today we tried a new recipe: Turmeric Coconut Curry with Pork.
We double the recipe because of the amount of beef and coconut curry we had, to four serves. We substituted bok choy for the cabbage because we have it (and it tastes better).
- The pork came from our Prather Ranch meat delivery – 1 lb of ground pork cost $8.31 or $$2.08 per serve
- Add 45c for onion, ginger and turmeric’
- Coconut milk was $1.89 or 48c per serve
- Bok Choy was $1.29 and we used half, or 65c per serve
- Almond flakes were $2.49 but we used only 1/5 or 25c per serve
- Brown rice is 33c per serve.
Dinner tonight could have had a little more heat but the coconut flavor was good. The bok choy provided a nice textural alternative to the pork and rice. A decent meal for $4.24 per serve