After a side trip to Jon’s Market we enjoyed a baguette, with roast chicken breast and kumato. It’s hard to beat a simple meal when every ingredient is perfect.
- A baguette is $2.79 and we shared half over lunch or 70c per serve
- The chicken is $6.99 and we shared one breast or 88c per serve
- Five kumato were $3.49 and we used one, or 35c per serve
- Add 2oc for mayo.
A great lunch for $2.13 per serve.
After the last shrimp experiment we decided to do another. This time simple butter poached shrimp sous vidé with soy savory oatmeal and butter/soy bok choy. We used butter and soy to tie the different dishes together.
Every component was excellent. The shrimp perfectly cooked (of course), the savory oatmeal is way more tasty than mashed potato, and the butter/soy bok choy tied both components together while bringing its own fresh sweetness.
- The shrimp was $7.99 for the pack, and we used half, or $2.00 per serve
- The butter is $3.99 per block, and we used about 1/4 for two serves, or 50c per serve
- The steel cut oats are $3.19 for 24oz, and we used 8oz or 53c per serve
- The bok choy was $1.99 for four, or 50c per serve
- Add 30c for oatmeal seasonings.
Dinner tonight was very tasty for $3.83 per serve.