Today we returned to toasted sandwiches. A new favorite snack of Foodie Philip’s is a Liverwurst, Shallot and Mustard sandwich. The flavor combinations build on each other to transform the sandwich into something unlike any of the ingredients. We also toasted a roast beef and tabouli with mustard aioli, although we held the tabouli back until after the sandwich was toasted.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- Liverwurst works out at 40c per serve
- Shallot and mustard/aioli add 25c per serve
- The sliced roast beef works out at 47c per serve.
Each sandwich was particularly tasty and very different from each other. Not a bad lunch for $1.54 per serve.
We’ve been enjoying exploring what we can create with smoked trout. Tonight we flaked up some whole smoked trout fillets (from Trader Joe’s) on top of the purple potatoes stacked on a bed of watercress.
The whole fillets are less salty than the canned smoked trout and we enjoyed them more.
- The rainbow trout fillets are $7.49 or $3.75 per serve
- Potato adds 25c per serve
- Add 30c for watercress.
- Add 30c for dressing ingredients.
The lemony dressing, potato, watercress and trout all blended together into a really great meal for $4.60 per serve.