The typical Burbank Monday was disrupted and Foodie Philip was home for lunch and had a toasted roast beef, chutney and cheese sandwich.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- The sliced roast beef works out at 47c per serve
- 12 slices of yoghurt cheese are $4.79 and we shared two or 40c per serve.
A good, quick lunch for $1.09 per serve.
Tonight was “cook’s night off” with the protein coming from out supermarket roast chicken, the salad from the remainder of yesterday’s salad kit and a mix of black rice and cooked edamame from the refrigerator.
- The chicken leg is $1.75
- Black rice adds 40c per serve
- Salad kit was $3.95 but we’ll get four serves for 99c per serve
- Shelled edamame was $1.29 or 33c per serve.
Dinner tonight was a decent, but not exciting, meal for $4.44 per serve.