With an avocado to use, our sandwiches were based around that: one with a Lemon Pepper Salmon pouch and the other with sliced smoked turkey breast.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- The avocado was 4 for $3.49 or 44c per serve
- The salmon was $2.79 or $1.40 per serve
- The smoked turkey was $2.99 for 7oz and we used about 2oz or 43c per serve.
Both sandwiches were tasty and satisfying for $2.59 per serve.
A return to the Crispy Spiced Lamb & Lentils with Tomato Cucumber Salsa and a Lemon Tahini dressing. They are supposed to be served in a lettuce cup but we got the wrong sort of lettuce, so we served it as a salad. The lamb recipe came from the linked page, but the salsa and dressing were created by Foodie Greg.
The lamb and lentil recipe serves four. The dressing and salsa just two.
- The lamb was $7.99 or $2.00 per serve
- The Simple Truth lentils were 99c for the can or 25c per serve
- Add 30c for spices and oil
- A Persian cucumber is 40c or 20c per serve
- Five kumato were $3.49 and we used 2, or 70c per serve
- The feta in brine was $6.50 and 1/4 went into dinner, or 41c per serve
- The “tahini & lemon” dip works out at around 45c per serve
- The Living Spring Mix was $2.24 and we used about 1/4 or 28c per serve.
We added a little spice to the lamb mix based on our experience last time, but otherwise this is a great combination. A little easier to eat as a salad than in lettuce cups and pretty good for $4.59 per serve.