We ended up at The Country Deli for lunch where Philip had his usual marinated skirt steak with eggs, while Foodie Greg had a pastrami on rye with fries.
Lunch at The Country Deli runs $21.62 per person (average) with tax and tip.
After trying the Cauliflower Gruyère Soup in early December, we turned to the concept with Cauliflower Cheddar Soup figuring that cheddar is less expensive than Gruyére! The recipe made four serves for us because we dropped the potato (to reduce carbs) and used only four cups of chicken stock.
- The cheddar was $3.99 or $1.00 per serve
- The green cauliflower was $3.90 or 98c per serve
- Chicken stock is $1.99 for eight cups and we used four, or 25c per serve
- Carrots were $2.99 for the pack, and we used 1/4 or 38c per serve
- Add 80c for onion, garlic, celery and seasonings.
Tonight’s soup was really very good, and every bit the equal of the gruyére version, for $3.41 per serve.