Today’s toasted sandwiches: Crispy Lamb & Lentil with Hummus, and a sliced turkey breast, mayo and cheese.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- 12 slices of yoghurt cheese are $4.79 and we shared two or 40c per serve
- The turkey breast was $9.59 for 15 oz and we used three, or 96c per serve
- The lamb and lentil mix is $3.00 per serve and we used under 1/4 or 38c per serve
- Add 20c for hummus
- Add 20c for mayo.
Todays sandwiches were both interesting and tasty for $1.43 per serve.
Tonight we tried a new meatloaf recipe, although slightly modified because of the amounts of meat we had on hand.
- 1 lb of ground beef was from our Prather Ranch meat box and cost $9.71 or (with four serves) $2.43 per serve
- The pork also came from our Prather Ranch meat delivery – 1 lb of ground pork cost $8.31 or $2.08 per serve
- 16 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used 4oz or 19c per serve
- A pastured egg is 55c and two were required- 28c per serve
- Add 30c per serve for sundry seasonings
- Sugar snap peas were $3.99 but we only used half, or $1.00 per serve
- The steel cut oats are $3.19 for 24oz, and we used 8oz or 53c per serve
- Mushrooms were $2.29 or $1.15 per serve.
Dinner tonight was good for $7.96 per serve.