Once we have a ripe avocado we need to make two sandwiches with it before it goes off, so today we paired half the avocado with a pouch of lemon pepper salmon on one and sun dried tomatoes, avocado and turkey breast on the other. The turkey breast was almost redundant, adding little to the flavor or texture.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- The smoked turkey was $2.99 for 7oz and we used about 2oz or 43c per serve
- The avocado was 4 for $3.49 or 44c per serve
- The salmon was $2.79 or $1.40 per serve
- The sun dried tomatoes were $5.99 and we used about 1/6 or 50c per serve
- Add 10c for butter.
Today’s sandwiches were very tasty with both of us preferring the avocado and sun dried tomatoes, even without the turkey breast. Not bad for $3.19 per serve.
Tonight was LACPUG night so we eat pizza at Polermo’s afterwards, and all contribute $5.00 each.