We had the leftover smokey cheese and pumpkin quiche, which was also good cold, for $2.34 per serve.
With another month’s meat delivery pending, we chose some boneless pork chops and pan fried them in butter, serving with a little Apple-Bacon Slaw.
To be honest, the slaw is better than the pork chops, particularly when the slaw is made with endive instead of cabbage!
- The pork chops were $11.24 for 12oz or $5.62 per serve
- Two slices of bacon are $1.37 or 69c per serve
- The endive was $1.16 or 58c per serve
- The Envy apple was $1.11 or 56c per serve
- Add 20c for dressing ingredients.
Dinner tonight was a great meal for $7.65 per serve. The pork chop was perfectly medium rare, and the salad had a great balance of acid, sweetness, salt and fat!