As Foodie Philip was out in the morning, he stopped at Popeye’s on the way home for the 11 pack special with a large red beans and rice.
- The chicken is $2.98 per serve with tax
- The red beans and rice is $2.12 per serve with tax.
Lunch today was as good as it usually is, for $5.10 per serve.
We decided to repeat the Smoked Trout Cobb Salad using the full fillets from Trader Joe’s rather than canned smoked trout. We also decided to drop the bacon from the meal.
- The rainbow trout fillets are $7.49 or $3.75 per serve
- A pastured egg is 55c
- Cherry tomatoes were $2.79 and we used all or $1.40 per serve
- Spinach is $1.99and we used 1/4 or 25c per serve
- The avocado was $2.99 for a bag of five or 30c per serve
- The burrata was $4.99 for two, or $2.50 per serve.
Tonight’s Cobb Salad was the best we’ve had for $8.75 per serve.