Back to a normal Burbank Monday and Foodie Philip was at In and Out Burger for a Double Double Animal Style for $4.27.
We still had some of the Kabocha squash that we’d baked and added more to it to create a variation of the Smokey Cheese and Pumpkin Slice, that was a quiche than the savory cake that the recipe normally makes.
The recipe still makes four generous serves.
- The bacon was $6.99 for 12 slices, and we used five, or 73c per serve
- Three pastured eggs at 55c each is 41c per serve
- The kabocha squash was $1.74 each (we used 1.5), or 65c per serve
- Smoked gouda slices were $2.99 and we used half or 38c per serve
- Half and half was $1.39 per pint, but we used 1/4 or 9c per serve
- An onion adds 8c per serve.
Dinner tonight was filling and tasty. Foodie Philip served with some “fry bread” (slices of bread ‘toasted’ with butter in the sandwich toaster), which added 32c to his meal, otherwise it was $2.34 per serve.