Due to some strangeness at Maggiano’s that involved an extra past dish that we ultimately bought home, so we reheated it and served with some spinach, bacon lardons and a poached egg. The Alfredo was very good and the egg melded into the sauce for a really rich result.
- The Fettuccini came free
- Bacon is $5.49 for the pack of 8 slices and we used two each, or $1.38 per serve
- The spinach was $1.99 and we used half or 50c per serve
- A pastured egg is 55c and we averaged 1.5, or 83c per serve.
Lunch was surprisingly good – and a good time to have carbs – for a net cost of $2.71 per serve.
We decided to try Pioneer Woman’s Creamy Mushroom Soup and it turned out really well. We got three serves from our modified recipe.
- Sliced portabello mushrooms were $3.29 or $1.10 per serve
- Sliced white mushrooms were $1.49 or 50c per serve
- Half and half was $1.39 per pint, but we used 1/2 or 24c per serve
- Chicken stock is $1.99 or 67c per serve
- The butter is $3.99 per block, and we used about 1/2, or 67c per serve
- Add 33c per serve for sherry
- Add 10c for flour
- Add 30c for onion, celery, garlic and thyme.
The soup had a lot of mushroom flavor, which was what we were going for. Excellent for $3.91 per serve.