Time to finish the Popeye’s Chicken, which we reheated, and serve with an Asian Salad kit.
- The chicken is $2.98 per serve with tax
- The Asian salad was $1.49 or 75c per serve.
While we didn’t finish the salad with this meal, we didn’t reuse it, so the cost per serve was $3.73 per serve. That’s still half what most take out would cost.
We loved the satay sauce last time we had it, and serving the steak whole seems to suit us better than the skewer approach that’s more normal for satay.
Black rice and bok choy round out the meal.
- Two pieces of top sirloin were $12.95 or $6.48 per serve
- The peanut butter was $3.99 and we used about 1/8, or 25c a serve
- Other seasonings in the satay sauce add 35c per serve
- The bok choy was $1.15 for two, or 58c per serve
- Black rice adds 40c per serve.
The peanut sauce was excellent, the meat perfectly cooked with noticeable beef flavor, and the bok choy and black rice make good accompaniments. A great meal for $8.06 per serve.