The best supermarket BBQ chicken comes from Jon’s Market. Unfortunately the most convenient one closed, so our visits are less frequent, but today was the day. Jon’s also have great baguette’s!
- The chicken is $6.99 and we shared a breast or 88c per serve
- Five kumato were $3.49 and we used 2, or 70c per serve
- The baguette is $2.79 and we shared half for lunch, or 70c
- Add 20c for mayo.
Lunch today was one of our favorites, and costs $2.48 per serve.
Foodie Philip seems to be suffering from a low grade infection, so Foodie Greg thought the Côte d’Azur or Cure-All Soup would be appropriate. Garlic and chicken stock thickened with egg yolks it tastes a lot more interesting than the picture above.
The recipe made three serves.
- Six pastured brown eggs are $3.30 or $1.00 per serve
- A whole head of garlic went into the soup: 50c or 18c per serve
- Organic chicken stock was $1.99 or 67c per serve
- Parmesan cost $5.49 and we used it all, or $1.80 per serve.
- Add 40c for herbs, oil and seasonings.
Although we forgot the oil for serving, this was amazingly delicious for just $4.05 per serve.